Interested in building a career in science journalism? Get involved with us, become connected to the scientific arena and begin the journey of crafting your dreams!
We accept the following types of content pieces:
1) Feature Pieces
2) Opinion pieces
3) News Pieces
5) Book reviews
For further information on each of these, please go through our Editorial and Writing Guidelines.
You don’t have to submit a completed article, but we need enough to see where you’re going. You may send either a rough draft or a short pitch (a paragraph summarizing your argument and why it’s important to our readers) paired with an outline. Before you do, look at our Editorial and Writing Guidelines and recent articles, for insight into structuring and formatting your piece.
Submit your entries below:
Here’s what happens after you hit send:
• An editor will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit. If so, the whole team will review and discuss it.
• The editor will collect the team’s feedback and get back to you with notes. (We rarely accept an article on the first draft, but we’ll tell you if we’re interested.)
• Once you’ve addressed our comments, you’ll send your revised draft back. We’ll discuss it again and let you know if it’s accepted.
• If we accept your article, an editor will work closely with you on issues like organization, argumentation and style.
• We’ll schedule you for an upcoming issue as soon as revisions are complete. We can’t promise inclusion in a specific issue until we have a nearly publication-ready article.